We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Oussama. He was extremely personable, knowledgeable, and accommodating. One great example of this was when we didn’t have any luck finding a berber carpet that we liked (and could afford) at the initial place he took us, he found another option the next day based on our budget, colour scheme, and type of rug we wanted. Such an amazing, and successful, shopping experience the second time around.
He also arranged for a couple of great hikes with amazing guides in the Dades and Toughra Gorges, and he was able to successfully communicate with the desert camp when we weren’t able to do get clear answers from them ourselves. We loved his stories about his country, his city, and his family. He made us feel like we were well taken care of and we always felt like he wanted to make our experience a truly magical one.
So many highlights on the trip
- The camel ride and sandboarding in the desert
- The hikes through the Dades and Toughra gorges
- The cooking course in Fes in someone’s house
- The women we met in Bhahil Village and the time we spent with them as they made buttons sitting on mats outside of their caves
- The time spend wandering and getting lost in ALL of the amazing medinas and souks
- The goats eating the argan fruit while up in the trees
- The donkey ride through the palmerie
- The gorgeous blue city and all the amazing photo opportunities (so many photos to go through post vacation)
- The blue boats in Essaouira (apparently getting pooped on by seagulls means good luck) and the rugged Atlantic coastal view from our hotel
- The smaller city of Taradant – where we had an “authentic” hamman scrub (ouch!) not “the tourist” experience, thanks to advice of our riad manager
- The Atlas studio tour and recognizing so many of the movies shot there
- The unique accommodations in Ait Ben Haddou, lite only by candle light (no electricity)
- Etc, etc, etc (my husband and I tried to come up with THE highlight at the end of our trip but couldn’t settle on one – or even 10 top highlights)
I would definitely recommend both Oussama and Experience It Tours to Others. You responded to email inquiries really quickly, and were able to come up with creative solutions that met our specific wants and needs.
Thank you again. I can’t say enough about what an amazing experience we had in Morocoo. The sights, the sounds, the colours, the hospitality, the souks, the accommodations, the food … INCREDIBLE!!
Susan & Peter
(October of 2022)